Friday, 4 January 2008

Today I am dissapointed that I didn't get to go with Noleen and the group from her church on mission trip to Denelton, a rural area in Mpumalanga. Sadly, I have no leave and I need to save whatever I might have up. What she is doing is really good. Her group are going to put together a childrens holiday club, minister to the locals, help paint houses, take them food and clothing etc. I'm hoping that I'll be able to go along on their next trip.

I've been doing loads of online research for travel possibilities for this year. It turns out that I'm not allowed to work in Iceland as I live in a country outside of the European Economic Area. Rather annoying as Iceland looked really pretty and no one else I know of has gone to Iceland, now I know why I suppose. So far the best option is the two year working holiday visa to the UK. It was always an option, but everyone does that, I wanted to do something different. And of course I could always work on a Kibbutz in Israel for 2 months before I go off to do the London thing. Some hard manual labour in the sun and a chance to meet interesting people would do me good. There is also the added bonus of the great tan and thinner thighs on my return.

Anyways, they're all just ideas right now, and probably better ones than joining the British Army, which was an idea I was very quickly talked out of.

I met Candace and some friends up at News Cafe for Candaces' pre-birthday drinks. Next weekend she's having a post birthday braai. Leanne is doing the working holiday thing in the most Northern part of England and Roxanne is going to become a game ranger at the Kruger park. The options right now are endless.


Candace's cousin Debbie, Candace, Leanne and Roxanne.


Oooh, and I made a lovely pie for supper.....

No comments:

Post a Comment