Wednesday, 26 March 2008

Worthy pursuits for later.

After getting in past 2 o’clock this morning and getting up at six, I am still managing to be a decent and functioning being. I’m holding it all together excellently. It was students night at the Doors so we went along to drink and dance amongst the younglings. Coming home, a bunch of us crammed into Nolas Corsa, early morning beer buzz, singing along to the Smashing Pumpkins, and I was so totally happy. I could probably go so far as to say that if I were never to go to another club again and took on a more adult lifestyle from here onwards, I’d be able to say that I did it. I was a young person and I danced and I sang and I drank beer and for just a very short while, I was a rock star. Ok, not a rock star, but you know what I mean.

I think that maybe I will henceforth try a more mature approach. Um, ok, scratch that, I still have the Red Room, and one or two more clubs to experience, but then, after that, I think I might just try been a grown up. I’ll get a decent job, a flat, a flat mate, I’ll cook suppers every night and do my own laundry and stop drinking. I may join a book club. I’ll take up embroidery…learn how to do a dance that doesn’t involve bopping and letting my hair fall all over my face whilst holding onto a beer (one that isn’t poured into a glass either for that matter).



I think to spur on this new start I think I will type up my quotes, clean up my desk and make a to do list for later all whilst listening to something soothing and classical, ooh, with a cup of sweet milky tea. Life is grand. Aren't the photos colourful? :) Rather like the characters one meets at the Doors. These are the good ol' days indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment