Monday, 14 April 2008

To be taller and thinner.

I’ve become a serial blogger.

The thought came to me earlier, it’s not a new thought, just one that crops up every now and then. It goes something along these lines:
Generally, on the whole, women make very poor rock heroes, poets and by and large anything really noteworthy. (I may get a public flogging for this statement) I’m been pretty hard on my gender, but it’s fairly accurate I’d say. We’re only ever really noted if we are particularly beautiful or a totally out of the ordinary great and unusual singer. So this is my predicament…I’m not beautiful and I certainly cannot sing and even if I were a poet, I wouldn’t write anything that would go down alongside the likes of Dylan Thomas, John Donne or William Blake (may I add Pete Doherty in there?). Consequently, if I cannot be an arm piece to a brilliant musician / poet, it’s best I continue to dress like a boy and day dream of them from a distance. I’m just not Kate Moss, nor a 19 year old Brazilian model with fantastic bone structure.

And so, I've decided to become all emo and dramatic. This is my tragic and dramatic look, can't you tell? Sigh.




No comments:

Post a Comment