Thursday, 29 May 2008

Bancroft - Milton Keynes

I took myself off to the Roman ruins in Milton Keynes this afternoon. And old farm and pond I believe it was. I sat there, surrounded by hedges, poppies and the ruins, listening to Damien Rice and old Metallica tunes…a more odd combination I couldn’t find. The sun was shining so amazingly and my legs turned pink through my trousers even.

It’s all alright. I can see the influence and the effect, caused without any sort of effort. Wow, and as the chorus rose, my heart rose along with it, right then, I was in awe and I was happy.

I think about the small things: a latte and a sandwich in the Starbucks in Cardiff, the rain, the excitement over my new cds, the post office and all the scenes where it all took place 10 years ago. 10 years ago when all I lived for was what came in the mail. Maybe these aren’t small things and instead, really big...monumental even.

We owe it to ourselves to try.

“and nothing else matters”





1 comment: