Saturday, 3 May 2008

The ultimate nature of reality.

Ah man…I thought that I would be able to handle all of this easily…but one night of no sleep, a bottle or so of pink wine and some heavily drugged up blokes and a girl and I’m finished. Add to that a chest cold, and that I’m going away for two years and everything is changing all at once and what you get is a wrecked Karen. Emotionally and physically. But I will cope...soldier on.

But gooey sentimentality and emotions aside…here are some pictures from the last few days…Ashley’s sixth birthday lunch with the family and a lovely outing to the zoo.


----------------The tall side of (Yvonnes) family---------------


Ashley got some awesome 'Magnetix' for her birthday...I had to fight her for them. She won.
----------------------Not a gnu to be seen----------------------

Hah…I’m having a giggle over the other night still. That was fun even though I am still paying the price of it today. Candace, Sheriff Drew, Don Ron, Lulu, Uncle Peter and you other blokes…you guys are crazy!



The answer to the question on Thursday night was: Metaphysics, a branch of philosophy dealing with the ultimate nature of reality. Now you know. Unfortunatley, I've forgotten the context of the question. It's those little black holes in my memory again.


Metaphysical – adjective



1. pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
2. Philosophy.
a. concerned with abstract thought or subjects, as existence, causality, or truth.
b. concerned with first principles and ultimate grounds, as being, time, or substance.
3. highly abstract, subtle, or abstruse.
4. designating or pertaining to the poetry of an early group of 17th-century English poets, notably John Donne, whose characteristic style is highly intellectual and philosophical and features intensive use of ingenious conceits and turns of wit.




No comments:

Post a Comment