Tuesday, 7 October 2008

Tea and scones

Well, I am now a waitress. You can look forward to pictures of me dressed as the part, but later.

My second day in to the job, and things seem to be going well. The hotel is lovely, the people who visit are all old and chatty and the staff and owners are all very nice.

Yesterday while taking a walk around the village church I got chatting to the lady who is staying in the self catering cottage down the road. She invited me for a cup of tea with her and her husband and they sat and chatted with me for a while. They live in Worcester and were very excited when I told them that I had stayed there for two weeks and then insisted that when next I am there, I come and stay with them so that they can show me around their small village. The English are very friendly! This afternoon, I got to serve them some tea!


Some sheep. There are a lot of sheep. Everywhere.
The North Yorkshire Moors...ever so pretty and large, but unwise to walk around alone, especially at this time of year. So I didn't go too far...yet.
One of the few places I can get signal on my cell phone. A lovely spot over-looking the grange to the one direction...and total nothingness in the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment