Thursday, 29 January 2009

I was let out...

After five weeks 'held hostage' on the farm it was great to be let out in the city! I just wasn't there for long enough, that was my only complaint. This was my time in London...

After five hours on the train, it was really good to be met at Paddington. Once I'd dropped my bag off at the hostel and checked in, Paul and I went to the Tate for a quick dose of art and culture. Since it was closing time, we didn't have long there and I met Bron in Camden and we got some Moroccan food for dinner followed by some beer and some Paul. Next morning was wasted in a bit of a blur really, until lunch time and a lovely walk in the rain in the park by Russell Square. I got myself a travel card and got onto the underground and wasted some time going around on the trains feeling smug for a good part of the afternoon before heading to China Town and Soho for a night of pubs and clubs. My night included sharing my beer whilst sitting on a wet pavement outside a Soho bar with a Big Issue man, watching some live music, drinking wine at The French House (previously frequented by Dylan Thomas) and feeding coins into the jukebox and singing along to the likes of Regina Spektor, The Libertines and the Strokes. I checked out early this morning, had an enormous fried breakfast and got a taxi to Euston. Now I'm just thinking of how I can incorporate this quote...

'I lied, there are no taxis here, I just wanted to kiss you by the pretty buildings'

...and this one...


'this is just like the movies'(...only in the movies, the leading lady has better hair...) 'well then it's some super cool indie type movie!'

No comments:

Post a Comment