Wednesday, 11 February 2009

Should I stay or should I go...

Wednesday eve was so good. The underground was packed going to Holloway and I had to wait for two trains to go by before I could find small space on one. I walked in the wrong direction, through the throngs of people headed to Arsenal before I realized that I was going the wrong way. I got some pink milkshake and found Eden Grove road, right by the tube station and went in to speak with Peter. I was greeted enthusiastically, and given a part time job behind the bar, flattered, and I left there with a huge smile and a swelling ego. I practically floated down Holloway road, singing along to the Libertines and met Paul on the corner, by the tree.

Leicester Square on the weekend.
The room at The Phoenix - London 'Chill' House. I shared this room with 3 French people, but left early. I got back in yesterday afternoon, plugged in my ipod and the first song that came on was The Clash - Should I stay or should I go. Not very helpful.

...now things are all up in the air, leaving me unsettled and confused. I love the city. I love the lights, the people, the fashion, I love the underground! I love London and if I were to leave right now, I'd be very sad, for more than one reason. I left the Phoenix with my bag for Baker Street tube station, changed at Picadilly Circus for Holloway Road and felt super cool on the tube, listening to The Velvet Underground - on the underground. Haha!

We ate soup and buttered bread last night and spoke. I came up with my plan of action, which all makes pretty good sense. But this morning I'm thinking differently again. How long can I continue to be so foolish? I've gone on, in my way, for as long as I can remember. It's not doing me any good, nor is it getting me anywhere. I've had fun. Now, maybe that time is up. For right now in any case.

For today anyway, I shall stick to that intention, see it through and make my decision.

Oh I hate choices.

2 comments:

  1. When am I going to get more to read...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon, soon! I'm on dial up at the moment and that is no good at all. Have LOTS to write about, so as soon as I can sort out some mobile broadband or something...

    ReplyDelete