Monday, 23 March 2009

Some triviality on a day off.

Some pictures from Friday when I went to Turville with Clare. Turville is just a couple of miles from Hambleden and is where the Daffyd Thomas scenes in Little Britain are filmed as well as the windmill scenes in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. It was just a few hours between shifts, but we ate ice cream and walked around the village.

Turville and the Cobstone Windmill used in the filming of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang :)
The windmill from closer up.

After a lovely but busy weekend, I got a much deserved day off today. I was a total hero behind the bar yesterday, pouring drinks for hundreds of thirsty walkers and tourists, running about and smiling the whole day!

So today, after a little lie in, I got up and did some dull but necessary laundry, got my breakfast and made coffee for everyone in the kitchen, put on my wellies and took a walk up to Mill End and the bus stop. I had an uninspiring trip to Henley-on-Thames, where I walked into every shop that might possibly sell the touristy souvenir type presents I've been looking for to take home with me and found nothing. Looks as though it's boxes of Thorntons for everyone! I got back on the bus with only an NME magazine (purely for the Pete and Carl poster) and three Cadbury creme eggs. I got an uncomfortable ride back from the bus stop in a tractor and have spent the rest of the day messing about, munching on creme eggs and listening to my newly acquired music on my ipod.

I've wasted far too much time today, so I'm going to try and make the best of things, get into a bubbly bath with a book and another cup of tea and just switch everything off!

No comments:

Post a Comment