Tuesday, 12 May 2009

London-ing

I'm back from a day and night in London. I always love London. It didn't disappoint again. I arrived at half past four and met Lee at Covent Garden tube station. We ate dodgy dirty Chinese food from the market in Camden then got back on the tube for Angel and Filthy McNastys where we drank Guinness and Strongbow. I woke up with a headache and spent the morning lying about in the hotel room reading the newspaper, met Lee for lunch in Covent Garden and got the train back to Henley on Thames. I got the bus to Mill End and started walking down the fields back to Hambleden but remembered that I didn't have the pub keys with me and had to wait until six o' clock. I spread myself out on a grassy patch beside the river and finished reading 'Nineteen Eighty Four' (finally). I'm pleased 'cos now I can start reading Jack Kerouac 'On the Road'. I just can't read more than one book at a time.

I'm also trying to think up things to do tomorrow in between my shifts. I've been pretty bad at exploring my area and think I need to venture off to Reading at some point. I also want to see what Wargrave and Shiplake are like, since they're on the Henley branch of train line. I'll have my lil' run through the woods too. I will read, clean this place up and go adventuring on my own for a while.

But now, I need another cuppa tea and some strawberries and ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment