Monday, 25 May 2009

- Nothing in particular -

'On the Road' is finished. What a great book and totally life changing, as promised by Bob Dylan on the back cover. I feel inspired. Not so restless as I thought I would be, but inspired. I have wonderful visions of bohemians, hippies, beatniks, libertines...

I want to adventure.

I've been listening to Edith Piaf loads and day dreaming about what it'll be like in Paris. I want to go back to Liverpool too. I want to eat proper nachos in Mexico. I want to read all the classics. Watch beautifully made films, listen to music made by people with fascinating lives. I want to be brilliant.

I lack the necessary energy.

Last night I fell into a dream-filled sleep. I dreamt of my family, all of us scattered across three continents. I woke up realizing I'm not a child anymore. I want to be 20 again...20 knowing what I know now. This year, I’ve decided to turn 27 again...27 has been wonderful…

I’ve started 'Confessions of an English Opium Eater' by Thomas De Quincey. The title promises stories of debauchery and indulgence and scandal. I hope it wont disappoint.

So…

My ideas and thoughts are a little messy right now. I’m thinking about my birthday, the Isle of Wight festival, my Lee, London, Paris, visas, books and music. I’m thinking about castles, road trips around Ireland…I’m feeling that old curiosity too. I’m excited.

This is what 16 was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment