Thursday, 18 June 2009

Isle of Wight Festival 2009

It started for me on Thursday after my morning shift. I walked up to the bus stop at Mill End twice after having got to the bus stop and realized my phone was still on charge in my bedroom. I got to London and spent the next few hours getting lost on the buses because I’m an idiot and couldn't figure out where I was going to. I found Nola eventually and we made our way to Euston to drop off our luggage, we ate curry at Masala Zone in Angel, and met Leanne at the station and went off to Milton Keynes. Friday morning, Leanne, Noleen, Rachel, Chris and myself crammed our luggage into the boot of Rachels car and we drove off to Portsmouth listening to cds from the V Festival 2003. We got the ferry to the Isle of Wight, drove to Wroxhall and got the key to our camper van. We food shopped, we drank cups of tea and got the bus to Newport and the festival grounds.Gangsta...

Lee found us near the Carling Tent by the main stage and we all spent the rest of the day lazing about in the sun, watching the Ting Tings, The Prodigy, Pendulum and Basement Jaxx. Saturday was spent in much the same way, sleeping in late, cups of tea, Maximo Park, White Lies, Razorlight and Stereophonics amongst others.

Sunday was the highlight. The Pixies were amazing and I got to sing along to every song. The whole weekend was great. What an awesome group of people. We had so many laughs together! I was sad on Monday when it was all over for Noleen, Lee and me and Rachel and Leanne drove us to East Cowes to get the ferry to Southampton. We said our goodbyes at the train station and Noleen and I went back to Hambleden while Lee flew back to Belfast.

Noleen left yesterday afternoon, just before my evening shift started. I sobbed like a little girl.

The Pixies on Sunday on the main stage. One of my favorite bands evah!

Leanne topping up her Pimms from her hip flask.
Sunday picnic with Pimms and Carling.
Portsmouth Ferry - Nola, me and Leanne

Portsmouth
Rachel, Chris, Noleen and me.
The Red Arrows.
The ferry to Southampton.

It's back to work now though. Which really blows after time off with good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment