Wednesday, 24 June 2009

Morality

I was downstairs at seven, breakfasts cooked, conversation with residents over, a brief break and behind the bar again...and now, another break. I'm listening to Grace / Wastelands some more. It's awesomeness has not worn off. I don't think I'll be able to kill this one. I was down this morning, thinking of my family, my friends, my dogs...silly Alberton. The man in the dining room was from South Africa and he spoke with me and it cheered me up a little. Hard work and little time to think helps sometimes.

I'm worried I'm becoming hard. Harder. It came up in conversation and I realized it's actually true. I could put it down to lots of different things really. Plus, I'm prone to some terrible behaviour, immoral really. Still, I'm distressed at how infrequently my name comes up nowadays. Today, however, I was very good. I smiled at everyone. I was helpful. I did what I could. That should counter some of that bad karma ;)

I’ll end with some Oscar…('cos I do think he was brilliant)

“Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people whom we personally dislike”
-Mr Wilde_

No comments:

Post a Comment