Tuesday, 14 July 2009

A week and London

I got back to the pub around an hour or so ago from London. Two great days in the capital with dear Lee. We got to spend some quality time and do fun things together. We admired the pretty buildings in London, had a boat ride on the Thames, had a marvelous three course meal with champagne at the Charring Cross hotel, watched a show at the Dominion, drank Sambucca, baileys and Mojitos at bars in Soho and Leicester Square, looked around the V&A and Natural History museums in South Kensington, drank lemonade and ate orangey cake in the garden in the sunshine and...hugged and said goodbye at Embankment tube station.

Covent Garden. Photographic evidence that I am wearing my dress Nols bought for me :)

Air guitar playing bronze at the V&A. Probably my new favorite museum with it's collection of sculptures, enormous columns, fashion and furniture.

A seriously gay looking posing bronze.
Outside the Dominion Theatre after 'We Will Rock You'. It was excellent. Happy sing-along-able songs.
Freddy.
The pink wine at Charring Cross Hotel during our delicious meal there. I'm showing some boob...see, totally visible to the naked eye! And I'm wearing the dress Leanne bought me :) Two dresses in two days.

Cheesy self portraits at Greenwich :) We think we're cute.
London from the Thames :) A pleasant (yet chilly) couple of hours seeing London from a boat on the river.



Trafalgar Square poses. I love London.

I've not written in a while. I've had words floating around in my head for ages, but whenever I sit down, they all disappear. It's always easier to write when I'm conflicted or in the middle of some new drama. I must make more time (or more drama).

But now, it's back to work and back to normal. Lee is back in Belfast until next time. I think this time has done us good. I'll miss his company until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment