Monday, 17 August 2009

Baseless defiance!

I never used to have a problem with authority. In fact, my high school testimonial contained the line 'ready submission to authority'. I guess it was my naive belief that those in charge knew best (kind of like rock star and musician quotations are always right and deeply profound). Ha! But now I'm hearing the phrase 'just follow the rules Karen', like two or three times a day.

It's making me dig in my heels further and feel the return of that old kiddie stubbornness. I know it’s childish, but I can’t seem to help myself. Some people just tend to bring out the nasty and petty behaviour in me. I’m not even going to pretend like it’s justified!

I love this photo. I took it leaning out of the upstairs window one evening last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment