Thursday, 13 August 2009

Starstruck in Hambleden

I’m playing with the idea of starting a new blog. Or just giving this one a total overhaul.

It needs it.

This week has flown by and I can’t believe it’s Thursday already. It’s been a week of happenings and the diversion with the filming really made a difference and helped motivate me in work a little. On Monday and Tuesday the film crew managed to transform Hambleden into this green ‘old world’ sort of village. You almost expected to see hobbits and faeries going about their business in the village green. The filming was on Wednesday and between the rehearsals and shots, I got to walk around the village, take lots of photos and talk with the security and crew.

I saw Emma Thompson, Maggie Ghyllenaal and Rhys Ifans. Rhys Ifans kindly let me take a photo of him and posed outside the pub for me. Maggie Gylenhaal is tall! And Lee fancies her ;)

The film crew were all in having a drink in the pub last night. I heard them from upstairs laughing and enjoying themselves. I suppose the ‘fun’ thing would have been to get dressed and join them.

Sod fun.

I had to be downstairs at seven o'clock cooking their breakfasts.

It’s mad how much work goes in to shooting just two or three scenes!The film people were in today, clearing up and getting the village back to how it was before they all came in. All that work for just one days worth of filming.

The film crew. I loved this dudes hair and am convinced he's been mistaken for one of those large microphones the gaffers use. A fluffier version of the one in the picture below.

Sneaky shots from the pub door. Maggie Gyllenhaal and Rhys Ifans.


They kept doing the same scene in front of the pub and the police lady, Claire and I were trying to figure out if Rhys was the 'baddie' or the hero. I decided he's the villan, mostly because I don't really fancy him (though I'm sure he's a wonderful guy...and funny too)

I’ve been reading this blog written by a so called ‘ugly’ bloke. It’s really entertaining and just excellent writing. He really lays his soul bare. I’d like to do the same thing, but I think for that level of honesty and sharing, you need to be anonymous. I’ve decided to stop reading the other blog. And also that other thing I read as well. Not for any moral reasons, just because I can’t anymore. I really do have more important things to focus on, and I guess it wasn’t healthy either. Not that I’ve ever been particularly concerned with preserving my mental health.

But I'm afraid that I must bed time at once or I'll be even more useless tomorrow in work than I had oringally planned on being :)

Do come back for more photos, you must just know that there're loads!

No comments:

Post a Comment