Wednesday, 14 October 2009

Aaaargh :(

So much for getting better. Pete Doherty has cancelled the Irish leg of his tour due to exhaustion and breathing difficulties and is recovering in Swindon hospital. And although I’m concerned for his health, it’s probably just as well we didn’t get to see him last night.

The stuff coming our of my lungs now resembles pate, with a lovely greenish / grey hue. My nose has finally decided to join the party too and is either constantly blocked, dripping, or both. And if that weren’t bad enough, I’ve spent the day in bed with agonizing stomach cramps, which I can only assume is worse that child birth.

I’m clammy, I’m snotty, spotty, greasy, phlegm-y and probably stinky. I reek of Vicks Vapour Rub, which is smeared liberally over my chest and throat. But here is where I’m going to get all sentimental…

I’m also surrounded by the most wonderful and awesome people. I have my future mom-in-law messaging me daily to check how I’m doing,, my own mom e-mailing me to make sure I haven’t died in my sleep and friends sending me the nicest e-mails, saying the loveliest things. Also, I’m going to gush just a little about the way Lee came home at lunch time with a small hot water bottle in a blue knitted cover and a tub of above mentioned Vicks Vapour Rub and how he then filled the bottle and brought it up to me in bed, helped me with the Vicks, told me I look lovely and went back to work again. I don’t even think he was being sarcastic while he said the last bit either.

Maybe it doesn’t seem like a lot (as he said), but to me, it’s huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment