Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Too much paperwork

I've been sick. Coughing up yellow and bloodied phlegm, shivering in bed fully clothed, body aching kind of sick. It's not the pig flu though, because today I'm feeling a bit better. And thank goodness for that because tonight, we're going to go see Pete Doherty again at Queens Student Union.

Even though I've felt close to what I imagine dying would feel like, I've been in rather good spirits. Some sort of domestic bliss. We're cooking meals together, drinking wine on the couch in front of the telly, laughing at silly YouTube videos, planning our holiday in South Africa, thinking about our awesome new apartment, trying not to freak out at how incredibly frikken awkward and difficult and expensive it's going to be for us to get married...

Why does it have to be so difficult?!

Dammit.

This is supposed to be the fun part. Planning a wedding, picking a venue, outfits, flowers. But before we can think about those types of things we have to consider: Immigration control, Certificates of Approval, a spouse visa, Indefinate Leave to Remain, passports, documents, visas running out, flights, home affairs. None of which are going to be easy, nor pleasant.

Anyway, I'm oh-so-happy right now, even as I spit up more multi-coloured mucus.

I'm going to get another cup of tea and ponder some more on dual nationality nuptials.

Love and wheezings x




No comments:

Post a Comment