Wednesday, 9 December 2009

Part 1, lions, pancakes and ludo.

I'm unpacked tidied and organized and ready to resume my emailing / blogging and facebooking lifestyle. Here is our trip to South Africa in a nutshell.

We spent time at home with my ma and pa, braais, laying about in the sunshine, eating too much, being mauled by my beast and playing games of ludo and trivial pursuit (and displaying just how much of a bad winner I can be!)
 
 
Lion cubs at the Lion Park in Honeydew.


 
 Feeding giraffes at the Lion Park was a highlight. I look kind of nervous because I was.
 

 
We had a surprise lunch at Moyos by Zoo Lake in Johannesburg after a morning spent at the Museum Africa in Newtown and a walk around Market Theatre with our enthusiastic and knowledgeable tour guide Noleen.
 
The second week of our trip was the start of our time in Mpumalanga and Limpopo. A farm stall along the way to Graskop.
 
 God's Window near Graskop.
 
 One of my new favorite places. Bourkes Luck Potholes.
 
 
 The potholes where gold was found.
 

 
The Three Rondavels.

We had such a full two weeks and seeing everyone was so good. It's near on impossible to list highlights but I'm going to give it a go.
  • The Lion Park and playing with the lion cubs and feeding the giraffes.
  • A trip to Gold Reef City with Noleen and Lee with the 'log ride', 'dreamboat', 'runaway train', 'shell' and 'crazy dancer' rides.
  • Lunch of spicy chicken across from Nelson Mandelas former home in Soweto with Noleen, Kaz and Lee.
  • Tomato and Lamb bredie pancakes at Harries Pancakes in Graskop.
  • The view at the Three Rondavels.
  • Big five game drives near the Kruger Park.
  • Swimming all day at Hongonyi Private Game Reserve.
  • Games of Ludo and Trivial Pursuit with my ma and Lee.
  • Braais with family and with friends.
More photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment