Thursday, 13 May 2010

I just don't get it

Lee picked me up at Yorkgate station yesterday after work. He brought with him my pair of stinky shoes, my new blue jeggings and my new thermos filled up with hot, sweet and milky tea. He was taking me with him to his second match of tag rugby in East Belfast. He had fun, and I’m pretty sure everyone else playing did too, ‘cos they looked like they were. But me, I don’t get it. I don’t get organized and competitive sports. The idea is a good one, and I had considered playing too…but watching them run, hearing the whistle blow… It’s stressful to me…there’re just way too many opportunities for me to make an arse of myself.
Once in P.E in primary school, on one occasion that I didn’t have a letter excusing me from class, we played netball. Five minutes in to the game and the teacher told me I could sit it out. I hadn’t asked to…


I’d been trying to prevent my own team from scoring. Who knew there was a way of telling them apart? The rest of high school goes along the same lines. 
I’m more suited to solitary pursuits. 


Lee’s alarm went off at five this morning. I didn’t hear it or notice until he got up. He was away to the airport before six and I went back to bed, missing him already. I hate it when he has to go away.


I have the rest of this evening stretching out ahead of me and a to-do-list to check off…so I think I’ll get to it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you all the way on this one. I don't even like to play sport video games, and I LOVE video games.

    ReplyDelete