Sunday, 8 August 2010

A food festival at the Botanic Gardens

This is where we were this weekend, at the Belfast Taste and Music Festival at the Botanic Gardens. It was packed and the sun shone and I could have gotten away with wearing shorts.
Restaurants from Belfast had a stand where you could swap your tokens for small meals, prettily presented in clear plastic bowls. 
The Merchant had small tea boxes for eight tokens each, filled with pretty sample sized cakes, which we didn't get because we're still avoiding puddings and sweets (Maldives and swimwear in 10 weeks or so...)  We ate lamb from James Street South and Duck from Balloo and something fishy from the Mourne Seafood Bar. 
 
Pretty Botanic Gardens 
 
And now we're just lazing, I'm on my third cup of tea and we've been up less than an hour. I might dress myself and see what can be done with this day...soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment