Wednesday, 29 December 2010

Fare thee well twenty ten

Goodbye 2010, you were very good to me indeed. You’re right up there with 2008 and 2009 for awesomeness, but more awesome and in different ways. 

‘cos in 2008 I was moving country, rehashing the past and running amok in a new land…and that was cool, you know? But that couldn’t go on for very long, and thank goodness for that. 

Hmm, so in 2009 I was still doing a lot of that, but in proper employ and earning money…and I made some very good and big decisions which have made me very happy.

In 2010 I:

Cut my hair shorter than it’s been for years

Saw Pete Doherty at Mandela Hall in Belfast

Started a new job

Took out my eye brow ring - which I really miss if I'm honest...

Got my eyes filled with lasers and can now see!

Got married!


Saw my sister and her family, and they stayed for longer in Northern Ireland due to the Iceland volcano!

Did some visiting in Milton Keynes for the World Cup, traditional SA style

Had Noleen come visit and got to show her the sights of Belfast

Went to the South of Ireland for the first time

Visited my family and friends in South Africa, went to Durban and the Drakensberg

Had our honeymoon in the Maldives

Sadly left Belfast, but found living in Ballymena not so bad at all!

Started using make up and realized that I don’t feel like a little girl playing dress-up any more.


So, twenty eleven, you have a whole lot of living up to do...

What I'm looking forward to:

Using my new Oktomat!
Visiting in Milton Keynes
Visiting in Canada and seeing some Toronto, Niagara, and of course family!
Seeing the Foo Fighters
Looking for our own wee house to buy and hopefully, buying it
Buying more pretty things
Reading more books...

But now is not the time for resolutions...they're to come, but later.

No comments:

Post a Comment