Sunday, 16 January 2011

Slemish

We were hanging about the house waiting for the shops to open so that I could drop off my first roll of film from my Oktomat. I still had a few pictures to take to finish the film so Lee drove us over to Slemish. I've been wanting to go for a while, and today was the first day in a long time that the sun has been shining. It was a lovely surprise :-)
  





It was easier going up than coming down. It's been raining for the past few days and the path was more of a river. I had to go down part of the way on my bum amongst the sheep droppings*.

On our way back home, we stopped in at The Thatch in Broughshane for a half pint of Guinness next to the fire.
Slemish from the car on our way back to the town.
The walk half way up Slemish made up for the disappointment of the Oktomat pictures not coming out. The girl at the photo counter at Boots held up a blank film for me. I was at least prepared for it with all the bad reviews I'd read, but it didn't completely make up for the let down. 

*Walking around the Fairhill Centre waiting for my (blank) film to be developed Lee says 'I smell poo. I think it's us'.

No comments:

Post a Comment