Friday, 22 April 2011

Foodie Friday - A Good Friday

We're on holidays until the beginning of May. I'm so thankful for holidays and 'nice' weather. After almost three years in the UK I'm still not entirely acclimatized to the weather. No, it's not 'roasting', I have goosebumps.
Milk Tart, or Melktert.
Lee's been asking for so long. I don't have a clue where my recipe book from South Africa is, so my mommy kindly emailed me her recipe. I didn't want to take any chances with online versions, and my ma's is the best anyway.
 Lee cooked us some sea bass for our dinner. He made a chilli glaze/marinade for it. 

By midday, the sun was shining, the washing was drying on the line, and everyone had stripped down to their shorts and t-shirts/vest tops. I tried to be tough, but it was just too cold at 16 degrees. Lee brought me my blanket and constructed the wind break for me, and also poured me a Pimms and lemonade. Bless him.

It did get hot an hour or so later, and I even put my shorts on. Mother-in-law and I sunned ourselves and chatted and it was lovely until we started to sing 'My Fair Lady' theme songs and almost immediately it began to rain. Big heavy drops and we had to run to gather our things together and get the clothes off the line.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like the most delicious day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was gorgeous, but slightly chilly :)

    ReplyDelete