Monday, 2 May 2011

Another day at the forest park...and thinking of my birthday

We were back again this morning, for another almost ten kilometers. Glenariff Forest Park wasn't as busy as it was last week, even though the weather was nicer. I'd be keen to do that walk every week. It's so beautiful out there.
Tomorrow it's back to work for us both. It's not so much of a hardship when it's only for four weeks and then we're away for two weeks to Canada and to see my family. We're so excited!


Also, in exactly a month I'll be thirty. I always look forward to my birthday, but I'm not sure how well I'm going to cope with not been in my twenties any more. I've (stupidly) been reading lists of things I'm not supposed to do after thirty and thinking I may have to do one or two of them, just to get it out of my system before the big cut off date...like, wearing two pony tails...goodness, I don't think I could pull that look off when I was twelve, never mind 29 and 11 months. Flip sake. Oh, I did try every so often:
At the Cliffs of Moher, Ireland July 2010
I'm also not supposed to read 'chick lit' any more either. Well, thankfully, just this morning I finished reading a very girly novel of Kerri's. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it, only it was worrying just how much I could identify with the characters. Nope, I will read Catch 22! Maybe even next.


I'm not supposed to: dye my own hair, eat microwave meals, stay up all night (pfffft, as if I would, that's just common sense), cry at work or wear t-shirts with cute/funny slogans...I'm also not supposed to get pierced or tattooed either. So there goes those plans, eh.


Nope, I'm just going to have to accept that I'm ageing. And try to do it gracefully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment