Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Autumn in the park

The leaves are starting to turn orange, red and brown. I think they're so pretty when they do! After our dinner of roasted parsnip soup, we took a walk over to the park to get some fresh air and blow away the cobwebs. I love a nice walk to and around the park.

You'd almost expect to see fairy folk frolicking amongst those leaves. And that looks alarmingly like a spider in the right hand corner. It's just the leaf (I hope).
There is still far too much greenery and not enough orange and red. I can't wait until the little hills are covered in deep snow again. I've told Lee that we have to get there early before anyone leaves footprints, so that I can make my own prints...and snow angels.



These are some things I'm looking forward to:


Knitting a chunky scarf (and hopefully finishing it before the winter is over).
Finding the perfect pair of winter boots and
The perfect warm coat.
Going to France with Lee and friends and taking a million photos of beautiful French towns and villages and
Eating in Michelin starred restaurants and buying food at their markets.
The 'two year anniversary of our engagement'* celebration dinner tomorrow evening (any excuse for a nice meal out!)
Eating more soup and
Apple pie.
Pie in general.


What're you looking forward to this Autumn?


*I'm happy to see that my thighs are a lot smaller than they were two years ago. What were they letting me eat at that pub??

No comments:

Post a Comment