Saturday, 17 September 2011

Ballintoy Harbour - a Saturday afternoon (in the rain)

It was already pretty late in the day when we set off to Ballintoy, the in-laws, the dogs and me. Lee had another golf lesson in Antrim, so we left him behind. It was sunny in Ballymena, but by the time we got to Armoy, it was bucketing down. It cleared up long enough for mother-in-law, Benny, Tina and I to have a short walk on the beach, but then the rain returned and we were drenched. Again.
This wee family braved the weather. The boy was jumping up and down in the rain, his dad was showing him how to hold the fishing rod, and his mom was taking photos. It was really sweet.

And then this rainbow came out.


We dried out in the car for a little while, then had some lunch at Roarks Kitchen. The restaurant is so small, and the tables are all crammed in, but they do pretty much everything, and the food was lovely.



 I had veggie soup with wheaten bread and butter.




One day, if the weather is ever nice again, we're going to go across the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge.

I'm pretty miserable about the summer being over. There're still so many things I wanted to do that warrants semi decent weather. We never did get to Rathlin Island to see the puffins, but they're not going anywhere, and there's always next year. If the weather is ever nice again...

Then again, at the same time, I'm fairly excited about the autumn. I love the colour the leaves are turning, and I do like to wrap up in coats and scarves and boots. We have plenty to look forward to over the next few months too :)

3 comments:

  1. I crossed the rope bridge while I was there. The view from the other side is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I didn't get to Balintoy this summer, I do love it along the coast


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have every intention of crossing the rope bridge as soon as the weather allows it!
    @ Hanna, I love the coast too...so much prettiness!

    ReplyDelete