Wednesday, 7 September 2011

One Day

This evening, after we'd eaten our soup and wheaten bread and I'd made a cup of tea and settled down for our night in front of the telly, Kerri came in and asked if I fancied going to the cinema with her and her mom. 

Yes, I did fancy it, so I gulped my tea at the door, kissed Lee bye bye and went out, my bag stuffed with bags of crisps and Haribos and a can of coke. We were going to see One Day. If you plan on seeing it still and don't want to know what happens, you might want to stop reading here.

It started off very well and I was really quite enjoying it. The opening shots in Edinburgh...then London and Paris and Anne Hathaway in a dress and doc martens and all the pretty and sentimental scenes that follow...bookshelves and typewriters, more pretty dresses and...and heart break. Flip sake. No one warned me that it was a sad movie. 


Everything was going well...they'd finally got things together and got together. But then after the phone call by the pool, the ride back on her bike...the way the camera moved...the music...it was obvious something horrible was going to happen. It was so difficult trying not to cry and the lump in my throat was painful. 


Ag, I need to toughen up...sobbing over the last four films I've watched, Lee's starting to think I've lost my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment