Wednesday, 28 December 2011

Twenty Eleven - a review with links

I wanted to do one of those posts 'a look back at the year' with pictures and a recount of 2011. I spent ages going through photos and selecting some that haven't already been posted on my blog throughout the year. But then I took a look at them all and realized it's been really quite a dull year. Obviously there were highlights...so I'm just going to make a list of those.

Our small new years party at Aidans flat. It was just the four of us, some bubbly, a karaoke machine and some good cooking.

I taught myself how to knit. And then went on to knit myself a patchwork blanket which I've got wrapped around me as I type.

Lee and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. His mom sent us away to the Slieve Donard in Newcastle for a night.

We had a small holiday in Fermanagh and the weather was amazing. We visited the Marble Arch Caves and the Ulster American Folk Park.

We took a trip to Canada for two weeks. We got to see my family and go to some pretty cool places. You can read about here, here, here and here.

I turned thirty. Lee took me to the Merchant for a meal and we followed it up at the Garrick for the luau party.

We went to see the Foo Fighters at Oxegen.

We went down to Dublin on the Enterprise to see Ireland play England in the rugby.

We got to spend a weekend with this really cute boy.

Lee surprised me one weekend with this lovely outing!

We went to France with friends.

I finally got to see a ballet.

We flew over to England for a weekend to see friends.

We had a good Christmas with Lee's side of the family.

We got the good news that I'm going to be an aunty again and Lee's going to be an uncle! Janette and Shane are expecting their first baby in June! My good friend from school, Kerry, is also expecting her first baby in June!!

And even more exciting news will be revealed early next year!!

Next...I need to start making some resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment