Saturday, 31 December 2011

What came of my 2011 resolutions.

In the beginning of 2011 I made my customary resolutions. I certainly wasn't setting myself much of a challenge for the year and yet I still managed to fare...fairly badly really.




In 2011 I had resolved to read more books. Again, my netbook and my google reader dominated. I did read a few good books though. Just not nearly enough.

I wanted to learn about photography. I took a look of photographs, not necessarily good ones... but I didn't learn a thing about improving them.


I wanted to go to aerobics every week. I did up until June. But then we came back from holiday to a very unwell mother-in-law and I certainly wasn't going to go to a keep fit class by myself.


I wanted to convert my South African driving licence to a Northern Irish one. I also wanted to get all our paper work in order. I did that! We still don't have a great filing system, but I'm allowed to drive again.


I was going to calm down and stop over analysing everything. I think I did better this year and although I wasn't totally zen, I wasn't driving myself (and Lee) insane regularly.


I was going to spend less time on Facebook. Failed.


I wanted to be cheap thrifty so we could save up for our first house. We're on track!


And I wanted to wear more hats. What sort of a resolution is that? 


So for this year I'm going to try and make some better resolutions, some more inspiring ones, maybe.


2 comments:

  1. Haha thanks for the link! You didn't do so badly you know! Sometimes you have to realise that life gets in the way. Wear more hats is a fab resolution lol..! :) All the best for 2012 :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to you too for 2012. Maybe I'll get to wearing more hats this year!

    ReplyDelete