- I wanted to read more in 2011, but instead got sucked into my Google Reader again. So this year I aim to read at least one book a month. Luckily I got a few good books for Christmas and I've started reading The Help, which only four chapters in, is wonderful!
- I learned how to knit in 2011, I made a blanket and a scarf (and an egg cosy!). In 2012 I'm going to attempt knitting something from a pattern. I find knitting patterns terrifying, so I'm going to start small.
- I want to learn how to crochet. My mother's been threatening to teach me for ages and I was never all that interested before now. I'm going to let her teach me while we're over in South Africa in February. And then I'm going to crochet a baby blanket for our new niece/nephew.
- We resolve to buy a house! And then we'll plant a vegetable and herb garden, we want lettuce and radishes and tomatoes, parsley sage rosemary and thyme...and basil and coriander...but I doubt they grow in this climate. I want to buy a house plant and keep it alive too!
- We want to do some travelling. We're going to South Africa for three weeks in February. We've got a weekend trip to Dublin to see Tom Petty...but it'd also be nice to go somewhere in Europe where I've not yet been...Spain? Italy? Somewhere warm would be nice.
- I will be pledging allegiance and becoming a Briton. I need to be living in the South of Ireland for three years in order to 'become' Irish...so I'll be British instead ;)
- I'd like to (try) be more sociable in 2012...
- I'm going to try relax and not be so damn uptight all the time. Lighten up a little...breathe more deeply...let things go.
- I want to find more blogs to read along with all the regular ones I've been loving this year.
- I want to do more and sit less. Although half a day in to the new year and I've barely left my (rocking) chair, except for that time I was sitting at the kitchen table over breakfast. Sigh.
The New Year Resolution Generator says that in 2012 I will:
Spend more time with the kids (who's?)
Enjoy every minute
Eat a whole tomato like an apple
Give more compliments
I could have kept clicking the 'give me more' button forever but I also need to know when to stop.
So maybe they're still not profound or inspiring, but I have no intentions of starting a fitness programme or giving up chocolate.