Sunday, 1 January 2012

Twenty Twelve - The Resolutions

So my resolutions for this past year were a bit weak really. I'm going to try and do better this time around.

  • I wanted to read more in 2011, but instead got sucked into my Google Reader again. So this year I aim to read at least one book a month. Luckily I got a few good books for Christmas and I've started reading The Help, which only four chapters in, is wonderful!
  • I learned how to knit in 2011, I made a blanket and a scarf (and an egg cosy!). In 2012 I'm going to attempt knitting something from a pattern. I find knitting patterns terrifying, so I'm going to start small.
  • I want to learn how to crochet. My mother's been threatening to teach me for ages and I was never all that interested before now. I'm going to let her teach me while we're over in South Africa in February. And then I'm going to crochet a baby blanket for our new niece/nephew.
  • We resolve to buy a house! And then we'll plant a vegetable and herb garden, we want lettuce and radishes and tomatoes, parsley sage rosemary and thyme...and basil and coriander...but I doubt they grow in this climate. I want to buy a house plant and keep it alive too!
  • We want to do some travelling. We're going to South Africa for three weeks in February. We've got a weekend trip to Dublin to see Tom Petty...but it'd also be nice to go somewhere in Europe where I've not yet been...Spain? Italy? Somewhere warm would be nice.
  • I will be pledging allegiance and becoming a Briton. I need to be living in the South of Ireland for three years in order to 'become' Irish...so I'll be British instead ;)
  • I'd like to (try) be more sociable in 2012...
  • I'm going to try relax and not be so damn uptight all the time. Lighten up a little...breathe more deeply...let things go.
  • I want to find more blogs to read along with all the regular ones I've been loving this year.
  • I want to do more and sit less. Although half a day in to the new year and I've barely left my (rocking) chair, except for that time I was sitting at the kitchen table over breakfast. Sigh.
The New Year Resolution Generator says that in 2012 I will:

Spend more time with the kids (who's?)
Enjoy every minute
Eat a whole tomato like an apple
and
Give more compliments

I could have kept clicking the 'give me more' button forever but I also need to know when to stop.


So maybe they're still not profound or inspiring, but I have no intentions of starting a fitness programme or giving up chocolate.

8 comments:

  1. Haha! I loved The Help, really want to see the film too. Snap with the crochet too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to see the film :) Haha good luck with the crocheting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Can't wait to see your creations and hear about your travels. Best of luck too on the house hunting and gardening.

    Happy New Year, with all the stuff going on, 2012 should be a fun one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year to you too! Lets hope 2012 is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your new years resolutions look great! mine include knitting, learning to crochet, read more, grow herbs and keep a house plant alive too! strange lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Astra, we must have a lot in common then :)

      Delete
  6. oks so you have to check out http://craygsmind.blogspot.com/ for a darn funny guy's take on life... phahhaha.. he's chris's housemate and writes to entertain our type of humour..clearly..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving his blog :) I'm going to stalk, I mean follow it :)

      Delete