Saturday, 5 May 2012

BO'B (Coming early November)

So there's a reason I've been so scarce on this blog for the last two or three months. I've been kind of distracted, lots of exhausted and slightly unwell. No, not unwell, just pregnant. Yup, anyone who's my friend on facebook would have seen my update yesterday, so it just follows that I 'announce' on here as well.

As it turns out I'm one of the 'lucky' ones who's sick from day one. My first clue was the day we (Lee, Noleen, Kaz and me) were driving from Colesberg back to Jo'burg. We'd stopped at a garage along the way for petrol and snacks. I had to have a chocolate Steri Stumpie and a chocolate King Cone (I'm such a gorb). Thirty minutes down the road and I couldn't wait any longer and Lee had to pull over at a picnic spot where I promptly emptied my stomach into the big roadside bin while lorries drove by hooting at me.

So embarrassing.

I was also sick for pretty much the whole last week of holiday. I'd put it down to eating too much rich restaurant food and too much wine tasting. Even my dads dodgy stomach cure of warm milk and nutmeg did nothing to help my queasiness.

So by the time we got home again, I knew what was 'wrong' with me. And now, I'm going on fourteen weeks pregnant.
Contents: potato waffles, compressed air, foetus.

Baby O'Boyle is due early November and we couldn't be more excited :) 



15 comments:

  1. Wow how exciting!!!!!! Mega congrats :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Karen.
    Exciting times ahead.
    It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shane, we're very excited and can't wait to meet BO'B!

      Delete
  3. Aww congrats! I'm new to your blog btw and just thought I'd say hello too lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel! Hello and welcome to my blog :)

      Delete
  4. Oh My Word! What fantastic new!!! Congrats... can't wait for Bo'B to arrive so we can show the little bundle Cape Town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaz :) We're planning on coming out again November next year, BO'B will be a year old :)

      Delete
  5. And how cute is that bump!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome news! Congratulations to you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG congratulations! thats such wonderful news for you both, you must be so excited!!! I hope your nausea subsides a bit now too - wow im so happy for you!!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm starting to feel more 'normal' now and the nausea is definitely subsiding, thank goodness!! It's great being able to eat again :)

      Delete