Thursday, 31 May 2012

This week

A few things about this week. 

This was the first week I felt baby O'Boyle moving, light tickle-y flutters in my belly. What a strange feeling!

I bought my first pair of maternity jeans, and feel I could devote a post just to them. Why have I wasted so many years wearing ordinary jeans? Oh my, they're better than pyjama bottoms!

I had my farewell lunch this afternoon with my soon to be ex work friends (post to follow). It makes me sad to say goodbye tomorrow, but I'm moving closer to home and a new job in the city.

I'm moving home! Not home as in South Africa, but the home Lee and I bought earlier this year. For the past 2 and a half months I've been living in Ballymena with Lee's family and going home on the weekends. In my earlier weeks of pregnancy I was really sick and travelling every day and standing on cold station platforms twice a day was taking it's toll. So I decided to move in and let his mother look after me. It was such a huge help and I'm so grateful for all the dinners, hot water bottles, blankets and fussing! But I'm keen now to move into our own home and see Lee every day again. I've missed him!

A 27 17 week baby bump! (and my new maternity jeans) How I've grown!

I'm about to turn 31. Thirty one!! That's a proper adult age. I'm still waiting for it to all click in to place, and I'll start feeling and acting like a grown up.


Well, that's it really. This is going to be a good weekend/week. Leanne is flying over from England to stay for the long weekend and on Tuesday, Lee and I are off to Dublin for a few nights! We have a few nice things planned and I'm excited!


But now, I must pack :)



3 comments:

  1. You look great! Maternity jeans are amazing :) So much more comfortable. Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks :) I know! Maternity jeans are wonderful :) Thanks for the early birthday wishes :)

      Delete
  2. Aww that's awesome about feeling the baby moving! I'm sure it must be a very surreal feeling!

    And I'm glad you're able to take it a bit more easy now too :)

    ReplyDelete