Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Monday mini tour

On our way back from Donegal we stopped off in Derry / Londonderry for a quick tour. I'd not been and had (apparently) been going on at Lee for not taking me. Really, that was years ago, I was over it already. But Lee reckoned it'd come up again, and since we were so close and had some time to kill we parked the car and took a short walk along the cities wall. We didn't see much of the city, it has some pretty buildings and no doubt interesting history. I did notice 'graffiti' written in what looked suspiciously like blood, but I could be mistaken. Maybe.
 The Bogside and murals from the city walls

We stopped in at the wee tea garden in Downhill, the one with all the peacocks.
And we managed to find The Brown Trout Inn again. We went there in 2010 when my sister and family were over for our wedding. How on earth they found it is a mystery! After Lee's wee half pint we stopped off in Ballymena before heading home again. I'm loving the short work weeks :)

4 comments:

  1. Aah, the Brown Bloater. The kids were talking about it the other day. V nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, Lee's looking at going back again for a wee game of golf.

      Delete
  2. Aww you were in my neck of the woods! Ya shoulda said hi lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I kept an eye open for you ;)

      Delete