Monday, 11 June 2012

That time we saw Tom Petty in Dublin

What a great time that was! It was one of the most relaxed and enjoyable concert experiences, probably ever. I hate crowds and I hate excited happy crowds of people dancing and jumping around when I'm standing amongst them. It's not even because I'm old...I've always hated standing for hours at concerts. Lots of people...bleurgh. So you can imagine my joy when Lee booked us seated tickets (yay for being pregnant!!) to see Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers :)

Ja, so we got the Luas over to the O2 after the doors had already opened so we didn't have to queue at all. We walked right in, got some popcorn and water and found our seats. Hooray! And then the next couple of hours passed by in the blink of an eye. We sang along to pretty much every song and before we knew it The Heartbreakers and Tom were doing their last song. We got on the first train back to our hotel, stopped for a wee drink at O'Sheas then fell into bed, tired and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment