Friday, 5 October 2012

Maternity Leave - week 1

This has been my first week off work on maternity leave. It's gone by pretty fast! I'd like to say that the house is spotless and that Lee has been greeted by a three course meal every evening on his return from work, but alas...

I have been tidying and sorting through cupboards and rooms, washing laundry, ironing everything including bedsheets, washing floors...but the house just looks the same. I've also been watching trashy day time telly and making myself pancakes for my (second) breakfast. I have to kind of remind myself (and so does Lee [bless him]) that I'm supposed to be taking it easy and relaxing before I'll nevah get a chance to rest again.

I want to go out shopping, I want a pedicure, I want to buy skinny jeans that aren't elasticated, I want to be able to get off the couch without help and I want a poached egg with a runny yolk on buttery toast. But I'm so damn big that I'm starting to feel like I don't really want to be seen out in public anymore. I don't want strangers to keep telling me I look like I'm about to pop and raise their eyebrows when I say I still have at least 5 weeks left. 

Sigh.

I'll leave you with these pictures I put together from the last few months. How I've grown. I'm not sure I want to be posting any of my 35 weeks plus photos!


1 comment:

  1. wow not long now!! Hope you're doing good. x

    ReplyDelete