Friday, 11 January 2013

This past week

Amy's really settling down into a (almost) routine. She's sleeping (a little) bit better, napping for longer during the day, playing with her toys and paying more attention to the things around her. She's been having great fun in her Fisher Price rocker/vibrating chair with the hanging toys. She's able to entertain herself for a good while now batting away at the lion, turtle and elephant.
All wrapped up before our daily walk.

On Sunday Aidan and Carri-Ann visited and brought this cd for Amy...
I bought a small portable cd player for her nursery and we started listening to her Foo Fighters this morning while I was changing/dressing her. Such fun! I just have to get myself the lullaby renditions of the Smashing Pumpkins now :)

On Tuesday mother in law, Janette and wee James came to visit us. We all walked down the road to the new bakery that's opened up and bought sausage rolls and cupcakes, brought them back to the house and stuffed our faces.

On Wednesday evening we went in to Belfast for Lee to get some holiday clothes at the House of Fraser. Amy slept through most of it but by the time we were ready for our impromptu date night at Nandos, she'd woken up and was getting demanding, and loud. So we went home and had a bowl of soup instead. 

I picked up the book I started reading just before Amy was born. I started reading the Time Travellers Wife a couple of days before she arrived and haven't had a chance to look at it since. I get to read now while she's eating. It's great to be reading again :)

I've gone back to swimming again. It's been so long since mother in law, Janette and I would go swimming in Ballymena. Cousin in law Donna and I have been going swimming once a week and I'm thoroughly enjoying the exercise, chat and getting out of the house a bit. And I'm really hoping it helps shrink my jelly belly!

I can't believe our baby is 10 weeks old. Life is finally settling down a little and I'm starting to feel more sane and stable. Christmas and new years is behind us and we're now on the countdown to our South African holiday coming up really soon now!


No comments:

Post a Comment