Thursday, 21 November 2013

A day in November

It's been a bit quiet around here lately.
Our days go by so quickly and I'm never really sure what we have to show for them. 
Today I thought I'd just take pictures of a regular day, one where we were just around the house.

Amy woke later than usual...like, an hour later than usual, at 6:20! Unless I was so fast asleep I just didn't hear her over the monitor and she just went back to sleep again, but that's unlikely.

When she woke from her morning nap at 10, I got her bundled up all warm and cosy and we played outside on her bunny ride-on. She loves to go whizzing up and down the driveway.



At 12 we had lunch. Amy had cheesy brown pasta, 2 fish fingers and peas. Before that she'd been playing with the plastic mixing bowls and measuring cups which made me want to bake something. I mixed up some batter for a cottage pudding, a simple sponge pudding my mom used to always make with me and Yvonne when we were little. I popped it in the oven, warmed up some custard and by the time Amy had finished her lunch it was ready. 

Aunty Kerri stopped over on her way to university with some post and my wellies that were at the house in Ballymena and visited while Amy devoured her pudding. I'm sure she's having a growth spurt...all that eating and sleeping lately!

Amy brought me her caterpillar book and asked me to read it, so we cuddled on the couch and read her book a couple of times. We played upstairs for a while and then it was time for another nap.


After her nap we took a walk over to the shops, mostly just for some fresh air and a leg stretch. When we got home I got dinner started and Amy played with her toys in the hallway.
Dinner time :-) Chicken, chips, beans and sweetcorn...followed by more cottage pudding. Amy usually feeds herself with her hands, but this evening she seems to have almost mastered using a spoon :-)
Bath time! I'll just save those photos for the album...
Story and bedtime. Lee read a few of Amy's library books and then to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment