Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Our Thomas

Porridge face

 

He's not such a great sleeper any more. It's been a tough and sleep deprived few weeks but we're trying to make some changes. For a start, today he had some porridge, just to rule out possible hunger. And we've not rushed to him the moment he cries in his cot after a silly 30 minute nap. He did two 2-hour naps today and he's asleep for 19:30. So, well see how tonight goes. 

I really don't mind getting up a couple of times in the night to feed him, but on Monday night he broke me. He would not go to sleep. Then he was up 3 times in the night, which is normally fine, but then he got up for the day at 4:50.

We've all I've been pretty tired and irritable. I've been spending most of my days trying to put Thomas down for naps, Amy's been neglected, I'm tired and grumpy and Thomas is cry-y and moany because he keeps waking up after stupid 30 minutes. I've not been able to do anything. 

I've not had any evenings to relax either as I've been having to rock/feed/bounce/pat/jiggle him to sleep. And I know he is capable of putting himself to sleep as he's done it plenty of times before. My wrists hurt, my feet hurt, my hips hurt and my neck is stiff. Goodness me, this motherhood thing is a terribly physical job.

He's lucky he's cute.

Also, our washing machine packed up this week. On the same day that Amy decided she wasn't going to wear her nappy anymore and kept forgetting to sit on the potty. That's another story though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment