Monday, 6 June 2016

My 35th birthday extravaganza

I had my hair appointment at Andrew Mulvenna on Wednesday afternoon. Lee gave me his credit card :D 
On Thursday morning Amy came in around half past six and gave me a big hug and said happy birthday mommy. Lee brought me my cards to open along with a rolled up scroll tied with ribbon. 
It said 'pack for the kids for two nights' and then 'pack for yourself for one night' and details about our stay in Galgorm, and the lunches and dinners for two days. 

We dropped the kids off in Ballymena and checked in to Galgorm. We had chicken club sandwiches and gin in the conservatory then lounged about at the spa for the rest of the afternoon. 
We had a glorious uninterrupted nights sleep and a little lie in before breakfast, the spa, a swim, check out, a trip in to Belfast and surprise afternoon tea at The Merchant. Then a walkabout wine tasting at Direct Wine Shipments and the spring tasting menu at Ox.

We picked the children up from nana and grandas house on Saturday morning. Amy said she missed us, but she still didn't want to come home. Nana, James and aunty 'nette are so much more fun than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment